The special research “A Millennial Sleep” introduces the Mysterious Pokémon Jirachi in Pokémon GO. Our guide will guide you through all sections of the Jirachi quest.
In keeping with Gamescom 2019, the new special research “A Thousand-Year-Old Sleep” (“A Thousand-Year Slumber”) launches in Pokémon GO. The new quest introduces the next Mysterious Pokémon in Pokémon GO after Deoxys: Jirachi. As with Celebi and Mew, Spzezialforschung was activated by the Ultra Bonus, which all players have unlocked by successfully completing the global challenge.
But what tasks and rewards does Jirachi Special Research offer? Our guide guides you step by step through the individual quest sections until you finally catch the Wish-Pokémon Jirachi.
Tip: The research on getting started is still active. Those who are adept at solving some tasks at the same time in both special types of research.
“A millennial sleep”
Again, Prof. Willow welcomes us to start the Jirachi quest. It is about Pokémon from the Hoenn region (3rd generation) because hints point to a hitherto unknown Pokémon. Below is the first of seven quest sections that will guide you through the following. Our source for tasks and solutions are the relevant community insights on r /TheSilphRoad.
Jirachi Quest 1/7
- Catch 25 Pokémon: 1,000 XP
- Spin 10 PokéStops or Arenas: Pummeluff
- Close 3 new friendships: Barschwa
The reward for Quest Section: 1 x Moss Module, 1 x Glacier Module, 1 x Magnetic Module
Tip: If you’re looking new Pokémon-GO-friends for this Quest section, we recommend our guide “Pokémon GO: How to find gift-lovers the world over.”
Jirachi Quest 2/7
- Catch 3 Flurmel: 10 Flurmel candies
- Develop a Barschwa: 1,500 XP
- Earn the Golden Hoenn Medal: 1,500 XP
The reward for Quest Section: 2,000 Stardust, 10 Poké Balls, 3 x Smoke
In order to develop Barschwa to Milotic, you need 100 Barschwa sweets and in addition, you have to walk 20 km as a buddy with the Barschwa to be developed. It is worth to look for a good barn and look for it as a buddy.
Players must register 90 3rd generation Pokémon in their Pokédex for the Golden Hoenn Medal. Those who already have the medal will solve the task automatically.
Jirachi Quest 3/7
- Snapshot of Krakeelo: Relaxo
- Score 3 grand throws in a row: 2,000 XP
- Earn 3 candies while walking with your buddy: 2,000 XP
The reward for Quest Section: 1 x Silver Sananabeere, 3 x Star Pack, 2,000 Stardust
Jirachi Quest 4/7
- Catch 50 Psycho or Steel Pokémon: 2,500 XP
- Apply 10 power-ups to 2,500 XP
- Send 10 gifts to friends: 2,500 XP
Reward for Quest Section: 1 x Instant TM, 1 x Loading TM, 1 x Raid Pass
Tip: With a Meltan Mystery Box, coaches can quickly catch many Steel Pokémon. This will be provided by sending a Pokémon to Pokémon Let’s GO on the Nintendo Switch. Alternatively, nests help with Psycho or Steel Pokémon.
Jirachi Quest 5/7
- Lead three trainer fights with the team leaders: Zirpeise (English: “Cricketune”)
- Win 7 fights against other coaches: 3,000 XP
- Win 5 Raids: 3,000 XP
The reward for Quest Section: 3 x Special Candy, 20 x Hyperball, 3,000 Stardust
Jirachi Quest 6/7
- Snapshots of Steel or Psycho Pokémon: Palimpalim (English: “Chimecho”)
- Throw 3 Fabulous Curveballs: Bronzong (English: Bronzong )
- 7 consecutive days on a PokéStop: 4,000 XP
The reward for Quest Section: 10 x Silver Sananabeere, 10 x Star Pack, 5,000 Stardust
Jirachi Quest 7/7
Reward for Quest Section: Jirachi (English: “Jirachi”)
Note: Not all quest sections are currently resolved, as Quest Section 6/7 requires a 7-day Pokéstop series. We will complete the final tasks as soon as the information is available in the community.